Jay and I are getting ready to move into our first home, which means we are knee deep in moving boxes and a handful of home improvement projects. It also means my Pinterest addiction is on overdrive. This little project was inspired by one of my favorite parts of our new home -a huge, carrera marble kitchen island (perfect for hosting all those we love). In order to compliment the space I wanted to revamp our bar stools to go with it, which resulted in these super simple stools that add a great pop of colour.
DIY Colour Dipped Stools
- Sand paper
- Painters Tape
- Paint brush
- Paint (I used acrylic paint)
- Rough up the chairs a little. I didn’t go too crazy, just a rough buff to get the glaze off the stools.
- Measure the same length of the legs and then tape off each leg at that point. I left about 4 inces from the bottom.
- Prime the entire area that will be painted but be careful not to paint the wood below the tape. Let air dry according to the directions.
- Paint the primed area. Make sure you do all the undersides and nooks of the stool. I used two coats to ensure a solid colour. Let the stools dry.
- Glaze the entire stool (wood legs included) to seal the stools. Allow it to try and use.